Friday 13 August 2010

Getting Involved

I attended the Erewash Conservative Association Membership & Fund Raising Committee meeting on Wednesday Morning. It was the first time that I had met the vast majority of the membership of the committee. It is made up of councillors and branch executives from across the constituency. For the majority of the membership the notion that young conservatives (YC's) is now Conservative Future and that there is an active presence of CF back in the Erewash Constituency is a notion that is met with great enthusiasm and positivity.

For me the opportunity to speak on a few occasions within the meeting was a great honor and a privilege. The fact that, what I would describe as the elders of the constituency and the party would listen to and value the opinions of a young 23 year old officer, to me, proves how the culture of politics and the ethos of the party has altered and changed over the years.

With the backing of Jessica (Lee), Julian (Rose), Kevin (Miller), Our great Association President (Mrs. A Noskwith) and the rest of the association exec, I am quietly confident of gaining just as good a membership rise as I experienced in Derby if not better.

No comments:

Post a Comment